Let's move on


Kodak colorpluss 200
I've been reorganizing my drive. There are so many photos that needed to be sorted out for the sake of the organizing god. I swear he/she is real. All hail the organizing god.
Enough rambling.
There are so many bits and bops that carries weight. I traced back to the photos of 2014 to 2016. It was such fond memories. I remember every moment so vividly. Everything came alive again. It feels as if I'm still in the same old classroom, hanging out with the same old people and be the same old person I was. I'm not gonna lie and say I never missed those days. Those were the days when I was passionate and reckless. I didn't think twice when I signed up for the chemistry contest. I didn't think twice when I dropped the English academy that my mom insisted me to attend. I didn't think twice when I said we would be best friends forever.
I didn't.
I didn't even think. I just did it.
Years have passed. I have changed. They have changed. Things have changed.
Though I think a good chunk of us is still the same, I still believe that a good chunk of us is now different. I once wrote the most ironic and painful thing is when your best friends are now old friends. I still keep those people of those years very dear to my heart. I sorted out for 14 year-old me a place in my heart as well. But we can't go back to the splendid days. We have to move on. We have to continue whether how much we adore the past.
I have forgotten how it felt like to be with them. I have forgotten how it felt like to be so passionate and reckless. I have forgotten so many faces, so many names and so many stories.
I believe, one day we'll rejoice and one day, for just that very one day, it would feel like 2014 all over again.
To 2014,
To my people of 2014,
To myself of 2014,
All the sincerity my tattered heart could have.

Comments