Daily rant_People and time

Hi, I know even though I named this series daily rant, I don't post daily. However, I'll try to upload every other day. Not that there are many people interested in this blog anyway. I think maybe I'll alternate between Vietnamese and English. Not very related but I'm having a hard time writing anything decent in Vietnamese. Maybe because I think in English more so when the thoughts transferred into words there is a systematic error in my brain.
Anyway, let's start shall we?
___________________________
I've been going through a few personal things recently. Those incidents made me realize that maybe I've been investing my emotions and affections in the wrong person. I was having a really hard time deciding whether I want to continue or not. Because of who they were and who I was in the past, it's more heartbreaking for me. I find I cling onto the past desperately. I kept using the years we've spent together as a reason to try to keep the relationship alive.
For a while the thought of "time is so cruel" just kept haunting me. I said that time changes people, places and other things. I have finally realized that it's not time. It's people that change themselves. Time always stays the same. It's people that are cruel, not time.
Agfa vista+ 400
There is no point of holding onto the past. But we can always appreciate it.
What happened make me realized that even if I tried to continue the relationship by holding on to our memories, I would never feel the same again. It's broken and I just can't be bothered to fix it. Even if I came to an agreement and the conflict is solved and we can be good friends again, it won't be the same. The incident sparks some insights regarding how the other person are. It breaks me. Because they are not the person I thought they were. Maybe it's about time to embrace the change. I would also like to point out that time isn't a measure of the quality of a relationship. But personalities and perspectives are.
People should ideally be sunflowers and their relationship should be the sun. Meaning they gain something from the relationship, emotional wise. But at one point, what's left between us feels like naked branches in the winter. Cold, dry and forced.
I will always cherish our memories, the laughters, the jokes and... who we were. But what happened in the past belongs to the past. People, on the other hand, belong to the present. The people I adored stayed in the past. At this very moment, I don't see myself relating to the relationship the same way I was. It's time to stop.
Time doesn't go through people but people go through time because time stays but people don't. They change.
Maybe one day it'll be the same again. But for now, farewell.
I want them to know that I am grateful we met.

Comments